BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
- Helps to prevent bone loss from missing teeth
- Matches your natural teeth for a seamless appearance
- Helps to restore your bite strength, which aids in chewing
- Ensures your facial structure does not change
- Allows for natural speech
- You don't have to worry about cavities
- Easy to care for
- No worries about your teeth falling out
- Provides support for adjacent teeth
- Is a permanent solution for missing teeth
- Long-lasting and durable
- Improves your self-esteem
- Improves your overall oral health
Dental implants are a great way to replace any missing teeth as well as providing a fixed solution to having removable partial or complete dentures. Implants provide excellent support and stability for these dental appliances.
Dental implants are artificial roots (usually titanium) that are surgically placed into the upper or lower jaw bone at the direction of an Oral Surgeon or Periodontist that works closely with us as part of our implant team, in order to obtain the best possible results for you. We then create porcelain teeth that we attach to the implants, and are very natural looking and often enhance or restore a patient’s smile!
Dental implants are very strong, stable, and durable and will last many years with the proper care, but on occasion, they may have to be re-tightened or replaced due to normal wear and tear.
Reasons for dental implants:
- Replacing one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth.
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems that are caused by teeth shifting into the missing tooth space.
- Restoring a patient’s confident smile.
- Restoring chewing, speech, and digestion.
- Restoring or enhance facial tissues.
- Supporting a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable.
What does getting dental implants involve?
The process of getting implants requires a number of visits over several months.
X-rays and impressions (molds) are taken of the jaw and teeth in order to determine the bone, gum tissue, and spacing available for an implant. While the area is numb, the implant will then be surgically placed into the bone and allowed to heal and integrate itself onto the bone for up to six months. Depending on the type of implant, a second surgery may be required in order to place the “post” that will hold the artificial tooth in place. With other implants, the post and anchor are already attached and placed at the same time.
After several weeks of healing the artificial teeth are made and fitted to the post portion of the anchor. Because several fittings may be required, this step may take one to two months to complete. After a healing period, the artificial teeth are securely attached to the implant, providing excellent stability and comfort to the patient.
You will receive care instructions when your treatment is completed. Good oral hygiene, eating habits, and regular dental visits will aid in the life of your new implant. For any questions regarding dental implants contact us today!
CHOOSE THE BEST DENTIST IN NEW JERSEY
Dental implants are a great solution for many who suffer from tooth loss or tooth decay that may leave gaps in their mouth from missing teeth. At Luxe Dental Spa our dentists are the best dentists in New Jersey, and we offer amazing dental treatments in a comfortable and relaxing environment that will help you have great oral health and enjoy the appearance of your teeth. From cosmetic dental procedures, such as dental implants and tooth whitening, to dental cleanings and Invisalign, our team ensures you are well taken care of. If you are looking for the best dentist in New Jersey, give our team a call. We'd be happy to answer all of your questions and get you scheduled. Call today!
Contact Us Today
257 Monmouth Road
Oakhurst, NJ 07755